Asset Finance Solutions Terms of Business
Asset Finance Solutions is authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority. Our Firm Reference Number is 690013. We are permitted to act as a Credit Broker.
You may check this information on the FCA’s Register by visiting www.fca.org.uk/register or by contacting them on 0800 111 6768 (Freephone) or 0300 500 8082 from the UK, or +44 207 066 1000 from abroad.
Some of the services that we provide are not regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority. You will be advised in advance of any such proposal or service.
About Our Service
- We offer Hire Purchase, Leasing and Loan products from a selected panel of funders
- A list of our panel of funders we introduce can be found on our website assetfinancesolutions.info
- We do not fund any credit contracts ourselves all credit applications are introduced to a third party funder
- After having assessed your needs and circumstances we will provide you with an advice and recommendation service tailored to your needs
- We encourage you to ask us at any stage anything that is unclear and obtain independent legal advice if you still do not fully understand the credit arrangements
- Please note unless we are satisfied you fully understand the terms and conditions of the finance you are applying for we will be unable to make the introduction to the finance company, this is for your protection and ours
- We recognise it is important for customers to be able to shop around for credit and alternative sources of credit
- We are a credit broker and not a funder. We can introduce you to a limited number of funders and their finance products. We are not an independent financial advisor, we will provide details of products available. You must decide whether the finance product is right for you. We do not charge you a fee for our services. Whichever funder we introduce you to, we will typically receive a commission from them (either a fixed fee or a fixed percentage of the amount you borrow)
What we will do.
- Explain the key features of the regulated credit agreement to enable you make an informed choice
- Take reasonable steps to satisfy ourselves that a product we wish to recommend to you is not unsuitable for your needs and circumstances
- Advise you to read, and allow you sufficient opportunity to consider, the terms and conditions of a credit agreement before entering into it
- Before referring you to a third party which carries on regulated activities obtain your consent, after having explained to you why your details are to be disclosed to that third party
- Before effecting an introduction of you to a funder disclose (where applicable) the fact that the funder is linked to this firm by being a member of the same group as the firm
- Before effecting an introduction of you to a funder explain how, when and where you may exercise your cancellation rights
Are we linked in any way to our panel of Funders?
We are not linked to any of our funding panel members.
We will quote figures based on our funders cost of funds. The funder has the right to change or decline these quotes on receipt of the full proposal.
Conflicts of Interest:
If through exceptional circumstances Asset Finance Solutions or any of its Partners or other customers has a material interest in business you ask to be transacted for you, we will make you aware of the conflict of interest and we will obtain your consent before your instructions are carried out. A copy of our Conflicts of Interest Policy is available on request.
We are paid a fixed commission for Motor Finance, different funders may pay different commissions for such introductions. The amount of commission received from our funder does not affect the cost of credit.
All other business agreement commission paid is variable, different funders may pay different commissions for such introductions. The amount of commission received from our funders will vary depending on the terms of your agreement which may have an impact on the total cost of credit.
For your reassurance, all of the funders we work with could pay commission at different rates, but the commission we receive does not influence the interest rate you will pay. Our aim is to secure finance for you at the most competitive interest rate you are eligible for from our panel of funders.
You are entitled at any time to request information regarding any payment which we may have received as a result of placing your finance with a funder.
Treating you Fairly:
We always aim to treat you fairly. This means that we will always endeavour to:
- Conduct our business with due skill, care and integrity
- Never put ourselves in a position where our primary duty to you is compromised
- Deal with any complaint sympathetically and independently of the colleague to whom the complaint is directed
- Be transparent in the matter of our remuneration
- Respect your confidentiality
In order for us to fulfil our responsibilities to you, you must:
- Read the documentation we give you and let us know if there is anything that is unclear or that does not represent your requirements
- Comply with the terms and conditions of any agreement we arrange for you
Data Protection and Confidentiality:
We pay a data protection fee to the ICO under the Data Protection Regulations and abide by the requirements of the Regulations. The information we receive from you is used to provide quotations and arrange finance with a funder.
You have the right to cancel your authority to use such information. Before or after you enter into any agreement with a funder, to help make credit decisions, the funder will make a credit search with a credit reference agency. If you are a company or partnership they will also make enquiries about the principle director(s) or partner(s) with a credit reference agency. Full details of the use and disclosure of your information by the Funder is contained within the terms and conditions of any agreement which you should read before signing.
All customers’ records are treated as private and confidential and Asset Finance Solutions therefore reserves the right to give you copies of your particular records rather than allow access to files containing records concerning other clients. If you want sight of your records please send a written request to firstname.lastname@example.org or Asset Finance Solutions, Monument House, Unit Z13, Westpark 26, Chelston, Wellington, Somerset, TA21 9AD
We are required to verify your identity in accordance with the Proceeds of Crime Act 2002 (POCA) and the Money Laundering Regulations 2017.
What to do if you are not satisfied with our service:
If you wish to register a complaint please contact William Coles, Complaints Manager in writing at Asset Finance Solutions, Monument House, Unit Z13, Westpark 26, Chelston, Wellington, Somerset, TA21 9AD or by telephone on 01823 653610. Upon receipt of your complaint we will send you our complaints procedure. This is also available at any other time upon request, and can be found on our website www.assetfinancesolutions.info
You may be entitled to refer a complaint against us to the Financial Ombudsman Service if you are not satisfied with our response.
The contact details are as follows:
The Financial Ombudsman Service, Exchange Tower, London E14 9SR
Website – http://www.financial-ombudsman.org.uk/
Tel: 0800 023 4 567